5 Green Tips from Healing Hands Community Chiropractic
Posted by in Press on Jan 23, 2013
Five green health tips to stave off winter colds:
1. Use a neti pot. Neti pots help clean out your sinuses and keep your breathing pathways clear and fresh by removing dirt, pollen, excess mucous and other irritants. Pick one up at the local health food store.
2. Add more fiber to your diet. Adding fiber such as whole grains to your diet improves colon health and increases immunity.
3. Drink more water. Drinking eight glasses of water daily can decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45 percent, bladder cancer by 50 percent, and it can potentially even reduce the risk of breast cancer.
4. Take probiotics. Eating more yogurt or supplementing your diet with a high-quality, refrigerated probiotic can boost the healthy bacteria in your gut, where about 70 percent of your immune system resides.
5. Sleep. Studies show that people who get about seven hours of sleep a night have the best survival. Sleep loss not only plays a role in whether we come down with a cold or flu, it also influences how we fight illnesses.
for online article: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130114-NEWS-301140345